[HOpenGL] GLU.Tessellator crashes

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sun Apr 26 10:20:58 EDT 2009

[ redirecting to the HOpenGL list ]

Am Sonntag, 26. April 2009 15:53:31 schrieb Balazs Komuves:
> I see that you are again working on the OpenGL binding, so I would like
> to advocate the patches I wrote during the last year, which can be found
> here: http://code.haskell.org/~bkomuves/hopengl_2009-03-13.patch

I am just wading through my email backlog, and found a mail pointing me to
those patches. Thanks for you work!

> In particular, there is a bugfix in Shaders.hs I would like to see
> committed,
> and some additional features (for example framebuffer objects) to be at
> least considered.

The bug fixes should be in the main repository quite fast (or are already
there), the API additions need some thought, but they hopefully won't take
long, either. Generic vertex attribute arrays and FBOs are important nowadays.

> Also, we were talking about having a separate branch of the OpenGL
> library to allow fast and easy access to bugfixes and more experimental
> features, with the long-term goal of eventually merging them with the
> main branch. What's your opinion about this? It would be especially useful
> if you decide not to put the FBO / Vertex-Attributes-in-Vertex-Arrays into
> the main branch now.

Branching has always a high organizational cost associated with it, and I
currently don't see a need to do this for the features you mention. I
definitely *will* branch the OpenGL package into a "legacy" version (i.e. the
current pre-OpenGL-3.x version) and a shiny new OpenGL 3.1 version, which will
not be backwards compatible (deprecated stuff removed). But before I'll do
this, I'll have to figure out the right way to do this, as there are quite a
few things to consider (relationship to the Haskell platform releases,
repository locations, bug tracker, etc.).

Cheers,
   S.