[HOpenGL] freeGlut and HopenGL on Windows

Pepe Gallardo pepeg at lcc.uma.es
Mon Dec 4 04:41:50 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Panne" <sven.panne at aedion.de>
To: "Pepe Gallardo" <pepeg at lcc.uma.es>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [HOpenGL] freeGlut and HopenGL on Windows

> Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2006 13:47 schrieb Pepe Gallardo:
>> As I said before, I renamed freeglut.dll to glut32.dll, but when I run my
>> program I get "Exception: user error (unknown GLUT call
>> glutMainLoopEvent,
>> check for freeglut ...
>> I really need to use mainLoopEvent.
>
> Hmmm, are you really sure that the program is picking up the right
> glut32.dll?
> I don't know the exact search order on Windows (first the app dir, then
> under
> %WINDOWS%\system32?), but having a "normal" GLUT lying around could be an
> explanation...

I am sure that I am loading the right dll (it is in my workind directory,
and I have changed the mainLoop C function to print a message on the
console, and it does).
I was a bit confussed as function "glutVersion" was reporting "GLUT 3.7",
but that is because it is just guessing and getProcAddressInternal is not
working. To confirm this, I got a copy of Extension.hs and loaded it:

ghci -package GLUT -fffi Extensions.hs

then I get:

*Graphics.UI.GLUT.Extensions> getProcAddressInternal "glutSetOption"
0x00000000
*Graphics.UI.GLUT.Extensions> getProcAddressInternal
"glutSetWindowStayOnTop"
0x00000000

By the way, I get the same behaviour when using the original glut32.dll.

Any help?