[HOpenGL] freeGlut and HopenGL on Windows

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Fri Dec 1 07:35:22 EST 2006

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2006 12:50 schrieb Pepe Gallardo:
> Does HopenGL support freeGlut? I would like to use some functions like
> "mainLoopEvent". If so, how should I install it?. I have tried renaming
> frreglut.dll to glut32.dll but it does'nt work. I am working with GHC 6.6
> on Windowx XP. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, the GLUT package supports all freeglut extensions to GLUT, and openSUSE
(the platform I'm developing on) ships freeglut as "the" GLUT for some time
now, so I'm quite confident that it works on *nices. I haven't tried it under
Windows yet, but I can't think of a fundamental reason why it shouldn't work
there, too. What did you do exactly and what happened?

Cheers,
   S.