[Haskell] Hackage2 server testing

Duncan Coutts duncan at well-typed.com
Tue Sep 25 14:06:50 CEST 2012

On 25 September 2012 12:41, Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr at gnu.org> wrote:
> Ian Lynagh <ian at well-typed.com> writes:
>
>> I am pleased to announce that a test instance of the Hackage 2 server is
>> now running at
>>     http://new-hackage.haskell.org/
>>
>> The plan is to test the new server for 3 weeks (until Monday 24
>> September), before switching over to Hackage 2 for real.
>
> ...as it's now past monday... what's the status? is the switch-over going to happen now?

Hi Herbert,

Ian has handed the task over to me, so I'll be leading the switchover,
along with the admins we've recruited.

We have a few issues we're still working on, mainly to do with
importing the old data and making the account switchover smooth.

https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues?labels=hackage2%2Cimportant&state=open

I'll post more details on the cabal-devel mailing list in the coming
days, so you can follow it there.

--
Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant