[Haskell] 4 PhD Positions at Chalmers

Andrei Sabelfeld andrei at chalmers.se
Tue Sep 25 11:33:27 CEST 2012

4 PhD Positions at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden

Deadline: October 31, 2012

The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (
http://www.chalmers.se/cse/EN ) has about 70 faculty members and enrolls
about 70 PhD students from more than 30 countries. The research spans
the whole spectrum from theoretical foundations to applied systems
development. There is extensive national and international collaboration
with academia and industry all around the world.

We particularly encourage applicants with interests in:

-Programming language-based security (up to 2 positions):
http://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?RMURL=VacDetail%2Easpx%3FCommAdSeqNo%3D805
or contact Andrei Sabelfeld (andrei at chalmers.se)

-Parallel algorithms and data structures in heterogeneous multi-core
systems:
http://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?RMURL=VacDetail%2Easpx%3FCommAdSeqNo%3D798
or contact Philippas Tsigas (tsigas at chalmers.se)

-Privacy through language-based security and formal methods:
http://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?RMURL=VacDetail%2Easpx%3FCommAdSeqNo%3D807
or contact Gerardo Schneider (gerardo.schneider at ituniv.se)

Information on how to apply can be found via the URL’s above.

Applicants shall have a Master’s Degree or corresponding in Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or in a related discipline. A genuine
interest and curiosity in the subject matter and excellent analytical
and communication skills, orally as well as literally, are needed.

The employment is expected to start early 2013 (deviations are
negotiable). As a Ph.D. student you are employed by Chalmers and will
receive a salary according to current salary agreements (starting salary
at present: approx. 25000SEK before taxes). A maximum of 20% of your
time will be devoted to other duties at the department, mainly teaching.
The remaining time will be devoted to your own courses and research
within the project and you are expected to obtain a Ph.D. within a
maximum of 5 years. You may apply even though you might not have
completed your degree yet, but expect to do so before the position starts.

Knowledge of Swedish is not a prerequisite for application. English is
our working language for research and education at Master level. Both
Swedish and English are used in undergraduate courses. Half of our
researchers and PhD students are native Swedes; the rest come from more
than 30 different countries.

Live in Gothenburg: http://youtu.be/sbwVIQeGcdY

Study in Gothenburg: http://youtu.be/0WrlGlSyS1c