[Haskell] Hackage2 server testing

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Sun Sep 2 17:02:52 CEST 2012

Dear Haskellers,

I am pleased to announce that a test instance of the Hackage 2 server is
now running at
    http://new-hackage.haskell.org/

The plan is to test the new server for 3 weeks (until Monday 24
September), before switching over to Hackage 2 for real.

The server has a mirror of Hackage from about a month ago, but more
recent uploads are not automatically mirrored. In order to upload
packages to it, you will need to sign up for an account and then mail
the Hackage admins (hackage-admin at haskell.org), telling them your
username and asking to be added to the 'uploaders' group.

If you run into any problems, please either file a ticket tagged
'hackage2' at https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues or send an e-mail

A few more details about the plan: Assuming no major issues are found,
the plan for after Monday is to disable uploads to the current Hackage
server, to make an up-to-date mirror of it, and then to switch over to
Hackage 2.

Finally, I would like to thank the Industrial Haskell Group
(http://industry.haskell.org/) for funding this work.

Thanks
Ian
--