[Haskell] ANN: Yi 0.6.2.2

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Wed Mar 24 14:53:37 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm very excited to announce the first release of Yi in nearly a year. For
most of this time, Yi has been rather tough to install because of the mess of
dependencies.

Today these issues were resolved, and I uploaded a new package to Hackage,
so installing Yi should be as simple as:

$ cabal update
$ cabal install yi

If you have Gtk2Hs, it'll automatically build with Pango support, too. If not,
it'll use the vty package on Hackage. I'm not sure whether either of these
will work on Windows, unfortunately.

There have also been a few changes since the last release a year ago:

* Improvements to the Scion bindings, which may make it easier to work with
 GHC from within the editor.
* Initial support for TextMate-style snippet support.
* Various Pango UI improvements (e.g. horizontal scrolling support and
 improved support for tabs).
* Various parser improvements, especially for the Haskell and JS parsers.
* Replaced HConf with Dyre, which handles xmonad-style configs and recompiles.
* Upgrade to VTY 4.0, which has large speed improvements.
* Many, many optimizations.

Yi 0.6.2.2 is on Hackage here: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/yi-0.6.2.2

--
Jeff Wheeler