[Haskell] HaskellWiki Update

NeonGraal nabble at scifi.geek.nz
Tue Jan 20 19:22:52 EST 2009

Ashley Yakeley wrote:

> There has been a lot of spam on HaskellWiki. Since anonymous edits have
> been switched off, a spammer tactic has been to create hundreds of
> accounts to evade individual account blocks.
>
> To combat this, I have
> 1. deleted all user accounts that have made no edits;
> 2. switched off account creation;
> 3. blocked at least some of the remaining spam accounts.
>
> This is obviously not ideal, as there is now no way for new users to
> edit the wiki. I will investigate appropriate ways to allow account
> creation.
>
> --
> Ashley Yakeley

Darn,

As someone who only maintained a Wiki account to customize the Look and feel
of the wiki, I did wonder where my account had gone.

It would be nice if there was a comment to this effect on the Login /
<strike>Registration</strike> page of the Wiki.

Also another possible solution (if it's possible) would be to allow general
creation of read-only accounts and then have a manual / moderated process
for upgrading accounts to read-write.

TTFN, Struan