[Haskell] Re: on starting Haskell-Edu, a new education-related Haskell-related mailing list

Michael Vanier mvanier at cs.caltech.edu
Wed Jul 2 05:49:57 EDT 2008

Just one nit to pick: AFAIK Haskell's type system is _way_ beyond simply typed lambda calculus, and
is closer to system F (experts can weigh in here).  Not that this invalidates any of your other points.

Also, I surmise that a big reason Scheme went the strict route is that it made it much easier to
handle side-effecting computations.

Mike