[Haskell] Re: Trying to install binary-0.4

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Fri Oct 12 04:52:54 EDT 2007

Udo Stenzel <u.stenzel at web.de> writes:

  [incompatibilities between recent libraries/cabal/ghc]

I'm installing a GHC-6.8 snapshot, and compiling a bunch of libraries
I need in the process (HTTP, HXT, and binary).  No show-stoppers, but
a lot of rewriting of the dependencies.  At least ghc will tell me
which package to add, and after a bunch of iterations of this, things
work nicely.

+1 to renaming the new base, and have 'base' be a compatibility
package incorporating 'containers', 'array', etc, with compatible
interfaces. (Versioning isn't as good, I think, because it's too
common to specify just 'base' without any version.  At least, I know I
do.)

-k