[Haskell] Re: Trying to install binary-0.4

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 05:13:19 EDT 2007

Ketil Malde wrote:

> +1 to renaming the new base, and have 'base' be a compatibility
> package incorporating 'containers', 'array', etc, with compatible
> interfaces. (Versioning isn't as good, I think, because it's too
> common to specify just 'base' without any version.  At least, I know I
> do.)

There's currently no (easy) way to make a package that just re-exports the
contents of other packages.  I've been thinking about ways to do this
recently, but I'm now convinced that adding direct support to Cabal and the
rest of the packaging infrastructure to do this is the wrong way.  I'll try
to write down my thoughts and post it sometime.

Cheers,
	Simon