[Haskell] Articles on the value of strong typing

Casey Hawthorne caseyh at istar.ca
Mon Mar 26 12:24:20 EDT 2007

You may find the following comment interesting.

"The mythos of type systems is that they help the programmer.  But the
reality is compiler and hardware design.  Not simply that a fantasy
type system is harder to implement, but that a restricted language is
easier to implement."

page 189
"Theoretical Introduction to Programming"
Bruce Mills
Springer
2006

I don't know if he bases his conclusions on a study or not.

--
Regards,
Casey