[Haskell] small boys performance

Johan Henriksson mahogny at areta.org
Wed Mar 14 12:38:19 EDT 2007

Andrzej Jaworski wrote:
> Hi Knights,
>
> As I regretfully pointed out earlier in [Fwd: Re: Computer Language
> Shootout]
> large search and simulations are not for Haskell. This is equally true with
> GHC 6.5 http://eric_rollins.home.mindspring.com/haskellAnt.html.

After checking the code I must say this is not convincing at all. The code
isn't optimized. That said, I think we can thank you for some
more code to compare the speed with ML once someone has tuned it :)

> Also there is much illusion about Haskell potential ease at handling
> mathematics. Yes Haskell is excellent for demonstration but trying to
> implement algorithms that would do trickier things is pretty tough. A thing

so far in my experience, it is the opposite. it takes a while to learn
to think in
the right way however.