[Haskell] Haddock not being able to read interface file

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Sat Mar 3 19:10:02 EST 2007

I want to generate Haddock documentation for some Haskell files and want to
create hyperlinks to the base package’s documentation.  I’ve downloaded
<http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/base.haddock> and
use the option

in my Haddock command line.  However, Haddock outputs the following:

    haddock: Warning: The interface file "base.haddock" could not be read.
    Maybe it's from a later version of Haddock?

This happens with Haddock 0.8 as well as the current development version of

What’s wrong here?

Best wishes,