[Haskell] Re: Haskell web forum

Gour list at atmarama.org
Wed Oct 18 02:07:13 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 16:19 -0400, Mark T.B. Carroll wrote:

> On this note, there is a request for discussion of a comp.lang.haskell.

> Comments are invited from users of the Haskell mailing lists in that
> news.groups thread.

I visited the thread but will reply here...my understanding of original
intention for creating web-forums, was/is to help haskell community to
get alternative to the present situation making it more comfortable for
new users.

otoh, having comp.lang.haskell, imho, just invites more trolls and does
not serve the original purpose, or let's say, what is the advantage of
having comp.lang.haskell over present mailing lists?

There was also initiative in the past to have haskell.org site built
with eg. Drupal to build stronger community, so I don't see how
comp.lang.haskell can help in that matter.

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. Pls. excuse me for increasing the traffic on haskell at haskell.org.