[Haskell] haskell.org Public Domain

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Tue Jan 10 14:46:10 EST 2006

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 19:19 schrieb Ashley Yakeley:
> [...]

> Does anyone have any objections to putting everything in the public
> domain?

There is already one important objection written on the wiki: You cannot put
your work into the public domain in every country.  For example, I live in
Germany where the concept of putting something into the public domain just
doesn't exist.  Does this mean that I won't be able to contribute to
haskell.org?  Does I have to use annotations to say that my work is licensed
under, say, a BSD-style license, while most of the other contributions are in
the public domain?

We should really find an answer to these questions before putting a lot of
effort into the wiki.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang