[Haskell] Re: lhs2TeX-friendly emacs mode?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Apr 18 13:01:20 EDT 2006

Thanks a bunch, Nils!  Your elisp code works great for me.  No more manual
switching between LaTeX and literate Haskell modes.

The one visible shortcoming is that it doesn't handle inline Haskell (|...|
or @...@).  I see you added support but commented it out.  When I tried it
myself, I see why.  Apparently, closing delimiters are also treated as
opening delimiters, so the whole paragraph after the first "|" or "@" ends
up treated as Haskell code.  Maybe it's impossible to fix this problem,
since distinguishing between open and close delimiter is not lexical.  Since
inline Haskell coloring is not nearly as useful as code block coloring, this
problem is fortunately not too big a deal.  Still, I'm curious if anyone has
a solution.

Regards,

- Conal