[Haskell] Haskell Interfacing With VB

shelarcy shelarcy at capella.freemail.ne.jp
Mon Sep 26 13:28:52 EDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:44:37 +0900, Craig Middlemast
<yogibear at cmiddlemast.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I computing student entering my final year at Northumbria University,
> Newcastle upon Tyne. I am doing some research for my final year project
> which is to design and build a Syntax Directed Editor for a high level
> computing language.

Do you see Proxima (http://www.cs.uu.nl/research/projects/proxima/)
and its thesis?
Proxima isn't Syntax-directed editor, but it tries to integrate
Syntax-directed
editors and Syntax-recognizing editor's idea, and Proxima thesis
shows its Architechture.

If you intereseted in that, you can get source code by cvs.
I don't know that CVS HEAD works well. but it is helpful for you.

> The problem which I have is that I would like to use VB as a user
> interface
> and Haskell as the parser, however I am not sure if this is possible.
> Therefore I was hoping that you could answer the question regarding
> Haskell
> and VB interfacing, is it possible to interface the two languages, and
> if so
> could you give me some insight how this can be achieved.

Proxima depend on wxHaskell (http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/).
wxHaskell is one of the option to implement GUI program.
If you think wxHaskell's editor program support is very poor,
you can use Haste (http://haste.dyndns.org:8080/)'s website patch.

--
shelarcy <shelarcy capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/