[Haskell] reflection/metadata in Haskell?

Stefan Holdermans stefan at cs.uu.nl
Thu Sep 22 03:52:00 EDT 2005

Ralf,

On Sep 22, 2005, at 1:52 AM, Ralf Lammel wrote:
> I would rather argue that:
> - Template Haskell approx. *compile-time* reflection
> - Scrap your boilerplate II (ICFP 2004) approx. *run-time* reflection
> - Generic Haskell is effectively a Haskell generator

I think, Generic Haskell is a Haskell generator in the sense that
it's currently implemented like that, i.e., as a preprocessing
compiler. I assume that's what you mean by 'effectively'.
Conceptually, it's a Haskell extension: indeed, one that gives you a
certain form of reflection capabilities.

Regards,

Stefan