[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Andrea Sassanelli andreasassanelli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:29:45 EST 2005

Sorry to intrude myslf like this in the conversation.
First of all, let me present myself: My name is Andrea Sassanelli, and I'm
Italian. I have just started studying Haskell at the UoEdinburgh this year,
and immediatelly fell in love with it.
 On a sidenote, the wikipedia does rely on moderators who review the
changes, but common users are able to undo changes as well, and can
therefore bring a maliciously messed up page back to it's origiinal state.
Basically MediaWiki/WikiPedia rely on the assumption that there are more
good folk than bad folk, and this (IMHO) should be even more true in the
case of a relatvelly "medium/small-scale" thing like the Haskell
Documentation (small compared to a whole encyclopedia, i mean).
 Open documentation like this is definitelly a good idea to make the
language docs not only more accessible, but also more user-friendly, and
would surely give a positive image to the community as a whole.
 I unfortunatelly am not suted (?yet?) to work on any usefull documentation,
as I am a novice, but I think the system would work.
  Andrea Sassanelli