[Haskell] Been there, it's great. Let's do it again, Re: HaskellForge

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue May 31 15:47:48 EDT 2005

I think we are thinking about this the wrong way.

We shouldn't be debating whether haskell needs a haskellforge, but
discussing a _coding project_.

I think darcs has some great features that can be used in a general
source hosting site in novel ways, but the actual software to create the
site is the interesting bit we should be deciding how to write. A
HaskellForge for helping the haskell community with their projects would
simply be one application of said software. but there is nothing keeping
people from running it on their own personal, or another large communal
site for non-haskell or private or whatever projects. Personally, I
think such a project would be very interesting indepedently of whether
it is used for a haskellforge or not. So, I think we should concentrate
on 'HaskellForge: The OSS darcs based project hosting software' instead
of 'HaskellForge: The web site'.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈