[Haskell] HaskellForge

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:12:47 EDT 2005

On 26/05/05, Brian Smith <brianlsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/25/05, Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The thing is, Haskell people tend to want to use Darcs for their
> > Haskell stuff, and I don't think there are sites like sourceforge
> > supporting it yet...
>
> I tried to address this in my original email. There are several
> hosting sites like Sourceforge around. Although it is unlikely that
> SF.NET can be pursuaded to integrate Darcs (Subversion support has
> been "investigated" for two years, I think), I bet an alternative site
> could be pursuaded to install Darcs support. If so, this would benefit
> all projects, not just Haskell-related ones.

That could be nice, if especially if they could set it up so that it
was easy to set up submit-by-mail something like the Darcs repo has,
with a list of GPG keys to auto-apply patches from.

> Also, if a new site had to be created specifically to provide Darcs
> hosting, then why limit it to Haskell projects?

I was actually thinking this too. It really would be annoying to have
Darcs hosting only for Haskell projects. So I guess I really would
prefer that it be one of the existing SF alternatives.

-- Sam