[Haskell] HaskellForge

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu May 26 08:23:27 EDT 2005

Sven Panne <Sven.Panne at aedion.de> writes:

> So my question is (probably once again): Why can >100.000 projects
> live with SF and not the Haskell community? Although CVS is not my
> favourite version control system, I'd happily use it if I get the
> rest of SF for free then.

For Hackage, we probably need to think more by analogy with CTAN
for TeX, and CPAN for perl, rather than SourceForge.  These provide
easily-accessed repositories of libraries in the relevant language.
SourceForge is much more about applications than libraries in my view,
and hence is language agnostic.  (Although I imagine it may also
currently be the nearest equivalent to CPAN for finding C language
libraries.)

Regards,
    Malcolm