[Haskell] Job Posting (Looking for a few good functional programmers)

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestcapital.com
Thu Feb 3 15:28:28 EST 2005

S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:

> Yaron, would you mind sharing the reason your firm chose OCaml over
> Haskell for your applications?

I started the quantitative research group, and I knew OCaml very well,
and didn't know Haskell except by reputation.  As to the merits, it is
my general impression that OCaml is faster, and is all around a more
pragmatic language than Haskell.  That's merely an ill-informed
impression, but there it is.

Yaron