[Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Wed Dec 28 19:08:45 EST 2005

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> for my taste, it is more beautiful (i say only about colors) and
> convenient (i say about guest/suest login)
>
> but main point is what one wiki will be better because we can
> crosslink and search all the material. most of articles about GHC
> don't need links to bug reports and so on. on the other side, for me
> personally it's also ok to have all the old Wiki pages migrated to this
> new system, if someone (not me! :) can automatically perform it :)

I agree that we should have one wiki. However, I dislike the lack of
article/talk separation. Like other people have mentioned here, I'm
never quite sure how to edit a page that's full of people's comments, so
I tend not to contribute to hawiki much. I would contribute much more if
the wiki had separate talk pages, especially if it used MediaWiki (which
I happen to be most familiar with).

For me, this is much more valuable than integration with bugs or source
control.

--
Ashley Yakeley