[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Wed Dec 28 05:18:35 EST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2005 21:51 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:
> may be it will be better to use trac for all other things except for
> wiki? we already one wiki system, imho dividing wiki pages between two
> systems is not convenient

I totally agree with Bulat here: The current state with 2 Wikis is totally
confusing IMHO. So whatever we do, it should result in a single Wiki. And
while we are currently very focused on technical aspects, one should not
forget aesthetics: The current Trac Wiki looks horrible and a bit
unprofessional compared to other Wikis. Keep in mind that this Wiki will be
the first thing newbies will see about Haskell, and changing a bad first
impression later will be hard. I know that the appearance is only a very
superficial thing compared to the contents, but try to sell Haskell in your
company given the current Trac Wiki look when your boss is used to things
like Wikipedia, Flash, Shockwave and shiny PowerPoint presentations. :-]
Perhaps improving this is only a matter of using decent style sheets or
something like that, I don't know, but I just wanted to raise my concerns...

Cheers,
   S.