[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Fri Dec 23 07:05:08 EST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2005 21:51 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:

> >> why you are preffered to create new Wiki system instead of continue
> >> using old one (HaWiki)? may be it is better to just put on this page
> >> link to the hawiki's GHC page?
>
> WJ> trac is not just a wiki system but it integrates wiki pages, bug
> tracking, WJ> version control and maybe other things.  So if you want to do
> all these WJ> things, trac might be superior.
>
> may be it will be better to use trac for all other things except for
> wiki? we already one wiki system, imho dividing wiki pages between two
> systems is not convenient

Yes, it isn't.  That's why it might be a good proposal to transfer the HaWiki
pages to trac and drop HaWiki.  If you use trac, it's best to also use its
wiki because trac's wiki system, bug tracker, etc. are integrated, so you can
link easily from wiki pages to bug reports, from bugreports to wiki pages,
from wiki pages to code revisions, etc.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang