[Haskell] [Job] NLP Developer

Jochen L. Leidner jochen.leidner at ed.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 14:11:32 EDT 2004

[Dear HASKELL subscribers,

Apologies for the job posting, but according to the responses to my
previous enquiry it does seem to be okay for most of your to receive
Haskell-related job ads to this group.

	Regards,
		Jochen Leidner]

 Natural Language Processing Developer                        Linguit GmbH

This position is available in Edinburgh, UK, from 1 January, 2005.

We are looking for a skilled developer to join our friendly R&D team to
develop our existing question answering technology, which is used in
our Nuggets mobile search engine <http://www.mynuggets.net/>.

Requirements:
-------------
    - BSc/MSc/Diploma in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics
    - At least 2 years of full-time commercial development experience in
      C/C++/Java/C#
    - Proven track record in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
    - Significant practical development and self-management experience
      in Haskell under a UNIX(R) environment
    - Python/Perl/sh considered a plus
    - Prior exposure to software build process (make/ant, CVS/Subversion/
      Perforce etc.)
    - The ability to work independently in a team and good communication
      skills

Salary to be negotiated based on experience.

Linguit GmbH is a German-based, privately held, limited liability company
that aims to provide cutting edge consulting, services, and products in
language and speech technology. Linguit has broad expertise in all major
areas of NLP, but focuses especially on Information Extraction and
Question Answering.

To apply, send your cover letter and curriculum vitae/resume in plain
text, PDF, HTML or SPDL to <info at linguit.com> (please include the
string 'Job: NLP Developer' in your subject line). Deadline for
submission is 1 December, 2004. Thank you for your interest.

Try Nuggets, the mobile search engine!          <http://www.myNuggets.net/>

Jochen L Leidner
PhD student
University of Edinburgh            <http://www.iccs.inf.ed.ac.uk/~s0239229/>