[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: HaskellDB 0.5

Anders Höckersten chucky at dtek.chalmers.se
Tue Feb 3 23:36:07 EST 2004

We are pleased to announce the first alpha release of our "remake" of
HaskellDB.

HaskellDB is a Haskell library for expressing database queries and
operations in a type safe and declarative way. HaskellDB compiles a
relational algebra-like syntax into SQL, submits the operations to the
database for processing, and returns the results as ordinary Haskell
values. HaskellDB uses HSQL to interface with standard database drivers,
and is thus compatible with several standard databases (at the moment
of writing, MySQL (only versions >=4.1), PostgreSQL and most ODBC
databases).

The original version of HaskellDB was written by Daan Leijen and is
available at http://www.haskell.org/haskellDB/

This alpha release works pretty well so far, but has not been tested
much, so we expect it to contain a lot of bugs. If you try it out and
find something you suspect to be a bug, please contact us and we will
try to help you as much as we are able.

We also welcome all feature requests and suggestions for improvements.

For more information and download see:
http://haskelldb.sourceforge.net/

The developers can be reached at haskelldb-users at lists.sourceforge.net or
on #haskelldb at irc.freenode.net.

Thanks to Daan Leijen for his original version of HaskellDB. We would
also like to thank Krasimir Angelov for all his help with HSQL,
and for being nice enough to release a new version of it just in time
for our release. Also, a special thank you to John Hughes for helping
us out with everything regarding this project.

Happy hacking, and don't try this on any production databases! :)

/ The HaskellDB development team