[Haskell] Sequencing of input and output, troubles in kdevelop

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Fri Aug 27 06:42:54 EDT 2004

"A.J. Bonnema" <abonnema at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Why doesn't kdevelop generate code, that executes the statements in
> order? Or should I be looking at ghc? Or is it an option I am missing?

GHCi behaves like Hugs.  My guess would be that kdevelop attaches
pipes for standard input and output, and GHC or whatever backend it
uses realizes it is not talking to a terminal, and applies buffering.

Note that the output is constant (i.e. always the two strings), so in
a sense they can be output at any time without changing the meaning of
the program.

-kzm