FFI and ODBC connectivity

John Hughes rjmh@cs.chalmers.se
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:21:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Jamie Love wrote:

> The second set of libraries I am interested in is HTML/CGI libraries. I
> have yet to investigate those available, so any direction on which
> library package is currently live and well would also be useful.

I recommend Peter Thiemann's Wash/CGI highly -- that's what I'm using
nowadays.  Peter has put a lot of work into making it a very complete
system, and there is also a paper and tutorial material. The best thing
about it, though, is the very simple way in which it supports sessions:
you just define a form as a number of elements combined using monadic do,
you name the values entered into input fields at the time you create the
fields, and you supply a call-back function for the submit button. That's
it.

John Hughes