FFI and ODBC connectivity

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
05 Jun 2002 09:08:26 +0200

Jamie Love <jlove@eservglobal.co.nz> writes:

> My questions include:

> Is HaskellDB dead? Is it worth extending?
> Is HaskellDirect dead or superseeded by the Haskell FFI?
> I am having difficulty discovering which FFI technology/package is
> still useful, viable and alive,

You have of course looked at http://haskell.org/?  While development
of libraries has to be rather fluid and dynamic, I think it would be a
good idea for the web pages trying to keep track of packages seeing
active use and development, and in particular marking packages that
are useful but orphaned, or superceded by other packages.  Some kind
of status field, perhaps?

Something for the communities report?

-kzm