Unicode support

Colin Paul Adams colin@colina.demon.co.uk
30 Sep 2001 14:43:21 +0100

    Jens> 16 bits is enough to describe the Basic Multilingual Plane
    Jens> and I think 24 bits all the currently defined extended
    Jens> planes.  So I guess the report just refers to the BMP.

I guess it does, and I think back in 1998 that may still have been
identical to Unicode.
But the revision of the report that SPJ is preparing is unchanged in
this respect, and so is factually inaccurate.
I think it should either be amended to mention the BMP subset of
Unicode, or, better, change the reference from 16-bit to 24-bit.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire