GUI Library Task Force

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:57:48 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Given that Haskell98 is not ready for libraries anyway, why are you so
concerned about it?  A GUI system without concurrency is still incomplete.
The haskell library interface story is still pretty weak because there is
no consensus about what monad they should expose (and whether they should
really expose arrows or something else).   Why not focus on rolling from
H98 into a production quality Haskell system and make the best GUI for
that system?

-Alex-