The future of Haskell discussion / GUIs

Johannes Waldmann
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:23:31 +0200 (MET DST)

> ... Functional GUIs like
> Fruit are from a research perspective very interesting, but
> their design is rather far from being a solved problem,
> which makes them a not very likely candidate for a standard
> that people seem to like to have sooner rather than later.

just to voice a slightly differnt opinion:
I worked with FranTk a bit and found it quite easy to handle.
There are some technical problems maybe,
but they do not come from the design but rather from using Tcl/Tk.
The design itself is rather abstract (that's the very intention),
and is not tied to one particular backend.

-- Johannes Waldmann ---- --
-- -- phone/fax (+49) 341 9732 204/252 --