Functional Metapost maintained?

Ralf Hinze ralf@informatik.uni-bonn.de
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:08:25 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 7. November 2001 13:04 schrieb Ferenc Wagner:
>                Hi,
>
> I got to know Haskell through Functional Metapost.  Those
> who use LaTeX and feel like programming some graphics in
> Haskell, might have a look at this:
>
> http://tex.loria.fr/prod-graph/functional-metapost-latex.pdf
>
> Trying to use the package I had some problems with the
> current Hugs and GHC, too.  It seems like the version I have
> is quite dated: it uses fromDouble, fromInt, fromRealFrac
> etc. which GHC barks at.
>
> I made some modifications to have it compile, so that I can
> use it know, but I still have a couple of problems that
> should be washed out.  But before I go for it, I'd like to
> know if somebody have got a newer version, or somebody else
> maintains it, or have some relevant information about that
> package, or anything...  On the Web I found nothing, really.
>
>                                   Cheers: Feri.

Hi Feri,

great to hear that you liked FMP. Where did you get the
package from? You can find the latest version here:

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~ralf/software.html#fmp

I am (sort of) maintaining it as I use it frequently for
my publications (FMP was mainly written by Joachim Korittky,
a former student of mine).

Cheers, Ralf