a cygwin binary package of ghc-5.00.x

Alexander V. Voinov avv@quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Thu, 24 May 2001 20:10:15 -0700

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the reply. After having asked I managed to build
ghc-5.00.1, and almost succeeded in the rest, till the place where it
failed to invoke ghc-asm (or so, I don't remember, it's on a different
machine). It's not impossible that I understand how to fix it (it was
just before I went home). I use normal latest cygwin installation,
binary installation of ghc-4.08, and tell i686-pc-mingw32 to the
configure of ghc. Looks like it's impossible to build it for the full
cygwin (but does anybody care?) and also I failed to --enable-win32-dlls
(that is _it_ failed, not me :-); it stopped at something like
Main.dll_o.

During the build I was really scared looking at the resident sizes of
the compiler process, which is an ordinary haskell application, with its
most adequate application domain. Does it mean that my _real_ programs
would expose the same?

Alexander