modules Eigensystem and LinearAlgorithms

Jan Skibinski jans@numeric-quest.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:24:43 -0400 (EDT)

	Experimenting recently with some quantum problems I've
	decided that it's time to add some long overdue
	algorithmic support for module QuantumVector.

	So here are two new modules added to our collection:
	http://www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/LinearAlgorithms.hs
	http://www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/Eigensystem.hs

	The former partially overlaps with module Orthogonals,
	but their most important algorithms are different,
	although both modules use lists for representation
	of matrices. This is still work in progress, but usable
	as it is for Hermitian matrices.

	Both modules are thoroughly documented, so here are just
	few buzzwords:

	Housholder reduction, complex reflection, Hessenberg
	matrix, similarity, triangularization, tridiagonalization,
	operators and maps.

	Jan