[Haskell-community] Request for comment: New haskell.org download page

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 25 07:54:11 UTC 2015

Friends

I’m a little worried at how many cycles we might burn to determine the order of three items in a list, when

·         hopefully it’ll become largely irrelevant when we get the new HP (months not years)

·         if the consequences of choices are clearly articulated, the order is not very important

I know that high-contributing members of our community have differing, strongly held views; and that these differences are not mere whims but are based on a thoughtful judgements.   If we can’t come to a common view (and we should not take that as failure – professional judgements often differ), perhaps the two points suggest a path to a holding position we can all live with?