[Haskell-community] Request for comment: New haskell.org download page

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Fri Sep 25 00:30:38 UTC 2015

> this is a nice summary of all options. May I suggest the following
> refinements to the summaries:

Hi Mathieu,

I like your enhancements, but I'm worried about it becoming *too* informative
for new users. At a certain level of detail, it turns into a wall of text that
no one reads. Like a lens, too little or too much focus is equally bad.

Can we make the text at the top both pithy and communicative, without
repeating details that are given in the click-through sections? We currently
discuss "what you get" at the click-through. We haven't really presented
"consequences", and I'm loathe to add yet another section, unless people here
think otherwise.

This is just the download page, after all. It's not meant to be an in-depth
presentation of each option's pros and cons. Those capable of following such a
discussion would probably not go to the download page to find it.

John