[Haskell-cafe] Takeover request: Haskell CSS Syntax

Olaf Klinke olf at aatal-apotheke.de
Thu Feb 16 16:58:48 UTC 2023

Adrian,

you probably know this, but:
(1) Instead of a takeover, you could ask Tomas Carnecky to become
merely a co-maintainer on hackage which would put you in power to sync
the github and hackage versions.

(2) At least with stack you can specify a github fork as dependency of
your project. It is not nice, but I was forced to do the same when a
repo owner ignored my pull request. For example

# cabal file.
# Note: xls-0.1.3 is the latest hackage version
build-depends: xls >= 0.1.4

# stack.yaml
extra-deps:
- git: https://github.com/olafklinke/xls.git
  commit: 4e7a2ba639cc72678e4e40a06afd3c481d63f2e3

In your case, though, 0.1.0.0 is the package number on hackage as well
as in the more up-to-date githup repo, so I don't know how the resolver
would figure out which to use. Safer would be to fork and increment the
cabal package version number, then proceed as above. You can later
simply delete the entry in stack.yaml when your fork has been merged
into hackage.

Olaf