[Haskell-cafe] Takeover request: Haskell CSS Syntax

Adrian Lyall Cochrane adrian at openwork.nz
Wed Feb 15 17:18:03 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'd like to request to take over the css-syntax hackage! The lead
developer of which seems to be barely active. They did accept someone
else's year-old pull request to fix an issue I was having regarding
upgrading to Text v2 upon being prodded, but hasn't responded to
communications since regarding publishing this update to Hackage.

I am developing my own (NLnet-funded) noJS browser engine in Haskell,
and have released several modular components of it to Hackage in the
hopes they will be useful to others for other purposes. I've benefited
tremendously from Haskell CSS Syntax & would like to see the project
continue, I can manage it as one of those subcomponents. I do not see
much further development being required, especially considering how
stable the W3C strives to keep part of the spec extremely stable.

My communications to Haskell CSS Syntax:
https://github.com/wereHamster/haskell-css-syntax/issues/5
https://github.com/wereHamster/haskell-css-syntax/pull/4

Thoughts?

Adrian Cochrane