[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell-beginners] (Online) Utrecht Summer School on Advanced functional programming

Andrei Dziahel develop7 at develop7.info
Tue May 25 16:13:04 UTC 2021

Exciting initiative, looking forward to attend it.

The afp.school site doesn't seem to mention the link to the course
page itself which you'll need along the course of the application, so
here it goes for everyone's convenience —
https://www.utrechtsummerschool.nl/courses/science/applied-functional-programming-in-haskell

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 5:14 PM Swierstra, W.S. (Wouter)
<W.S.Swierstra at uu.nl> wrote:

>             SUMMER SCHOOL ON ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING
>
>                         Online -  05-9 July 2021
>
>                          http://www.afp.school
>
> # Call for Participation
>
> ## About
>
> The Advanced Functional Programming summer school has been running for
> more than ten years. We aim to educate aspiring Haskell programmers
> beyond the basic material covered by many textbooks.
>
> This year the course will be offered *online only*. A typical day will
> consist a 2-3 hours of lectures, sandwiched between supervised lab
> sessions. Lectures will be held in the (European) afternoon, but
> recordings will be made available if attending live is problematic.
>
> The lectures will cover several more advanced topics regarding
> programming with types in Haskell, including topics such as:
>
>    * monads and applicative functors;
>    * lambda calculus;
>    * generalized algebraic datatypes;
>    * datatype generic programming
>    * type families and type-level programming;
>
> ## Lecturers
>
> Utrecht staff:
> * Gabriele Keller
> * Trevor McDonell
> * Wouter Swierstra
>
> ## Prerequisites
>
> We expect students to have a basic familiarity with Haskell
> already. You should be able to write recursive functions over
> algebraic data types, such as lists and trees. There is a great deal
> of material readily available that covers this material. If you've
> already started learning Haskell and are looking to take your
> functional programming skills to the next level, this is the course
> for you.
>
> Soft registration deadline: 1 June, 2021
> School: 05-09 July, 2021
>
> ## Costs
>
>    50 euro - Registration fee
>
> We ask ask participants to pay a small registration fee to cover some
> of our organizational expenses. If this is problematic for you *for
> whatever reason*, please let us know and we can waive your
> registration fee.
>
> ## Further information
>
> Further information, including instructions on how to register, is
> available on our website:
>
>    http://www.afp.school

Regards,
Andrei Dziahel