[Haskell-cafe] Project builds with stack, not with cabal. How to diagnose?

Simon Jakobi simon.jakobi at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:15:26 UTC 2021

(I forgot to CC the list)

Hi Han,

with stack, you can use `stack ls dependencies` to get a list of your
dependencies with versions. With cabal, you can use `cabal freeze`.

The error message you linked indicates that changes in microlens or lens
might be the problem. Both have exported (^?) for a long time though. It
turns out that you're re-exporting the entirety of RIO from
Ampersand.Basics (via Ampersand.Basics.Prelude). And RIO has only recently
begun to export parts of microlens:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/rio-0.1.20.0/changelog.

Cheers,
Simon