[Haskell-cafe] Project builds with stack, not with cabal. How to diagnose?

Han Joosten han.joosten.han at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 20:38:45 UTC 2021

Dear Café,

I have been building my project for quite some time now using Stack. That
works fine. However, I also want to make sure cabal users can build it from
source.

Recently I have been trying to set this up using github actions. I use a
matrix to build both with stack and with cabal. I use the same version of
ghc.

A recent build can be seen here:
https://github.com/AmpersandTarski/Ampersand/runs/1756887612

I guess that the error is due to the fact that the used packages to build
are somehow different between the stack build and the cabal build.
Is there some way to find out what those differences are?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Han Joosten