[Haskell-cafe] ANN: latex-svg

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Thu Mar 12 15:21:07 UTC 2020

On 3/11/20 7:23 AM, Oleg Grenrus wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for the reply. In my blog I use mod_deflate (Transfer-Encoding:
> gzip), and the result is
>
> Uncompressed Page Size: 2392.6 KB
> Compressed Page Size: 806.5 KB
> Savings: 66.3%

That would actually work great on my static site, but for example we
have mod_deflate disabled at work to mitigate the BREACH attacks in the
thousands of random copy & pasted javascript/PHP libraries that
constitute "web development" these days.

I'm glad to hear the compression brings things back down to a reasonable
size, though.

> I opened issues to remember these issues, but I cannot promise to work
> on them (especially second one) any time soon.
> - https://github.com/phadej/latex-svg/issues/2
> - https://github.com/phadej/latex-svg/issues/3

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on them.