[Haskell-cafe] ANN: latex-svg

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Wed Mar 11 11:23:54 UTC 2020

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply. In my blog I use mod_deflate (Transfer-Encoding:
gzip), and the result is

Uncompressed Page Size: 2392.6 KB
Compressed Page Size: 806.5 KB
Savings: 66.3%

(I tweaked parameters for dvisvgm, so uncompressed size went down too).

The overall gzipping is quite good and easy solution, basically adding

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html

to .htaccess for Apache.

---

Good that you pointed out `<g id="page1">`; that id is unnecessary, and
I should strip it off. It does not add any value.

---

About saving images as external files, Hakyll does support such
functionality:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hakyll/vQpijNtTG5M

The latex-formulae-hakyll (and therefore latex-svg-hakyll) has internal
to do note to add support for storing files externally, which is doable
using Hakyll metacompilers.
One can name files using hash of their contents. That is a feature
waiting to be done.

---

I opened issues to remember these issues, but I cannot promise to work
on them (especially second one) any time soon.
- https://github.com/phadej/latex-svg/issues/2
- https://github.com/phadej/latex-svg/issues/3
<https://github.com/phadej/latex-svg/issues/2>

Best regards,