[Haskell-cafe] heres a replacement CI template using gh actions: Psa : perhaps time for maintainers to start migrating off Travis ci

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Dec 15 22:29:34 UTC 2020

Am 14.12.20 um 00:00 schrieb Carter Schonwald:
> If you’re volunteering to do the legwork to have easy peasy ci setup for
> me, I graciously accept!

I have to politely decline.

> Otherwise I don’t see how this critique is advancing a constructive
> dialogue.

Somebody with enough time may decide to give Gitlab a spin that might
have been unaware.
So yes it is constructive. Just not in a direction that helps you - but
now you do have to accept hat people may pursue different strategies
than yours, do you?

 > Your suggestions aren’t concretely actionable for me given
> finite time.

Neither is your suggestion that I do the legwork.

> If you choose to do some community organizing to advance this approach
> you’re advocating, I look forward to using it.  Else it’s just putting
> down something I’m sharing in the open in hopes it has use for other folks.

Temporary solution or not, your work is certainly going to be better
than nothing at all!
So feel free to go ahead. (Well, you are free to do whatever you like
anyway, I have no say at all in what you do or what you consider best ;-) )

Regards,
Jo