[Haskell-cafe] heres a replacement CI template using gh actions: Psa : perhaps time for maintainers to start migrating off Travis ci

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Tue Dec 15 22:34:53 UTC 2020

I use GitLab CI when I have the option. The Docker integration is pretty
helpful. If you're willing to deploy your own GitLab CI instance, you can
use Docker-in-Docker to build and deploy Docker images into production.

I wrote a blog post explaining why I use and prefer GitLab CI:
https://bitemyapp.com/blog/why-i-use-gitlab-ci/

I typically use the hosted CI (on Gitlab.com) and then when I need to speed
up builds, I run CI workers on my own machines. Very pleasant.

It has a few minor limitations to do with how much control you have things
in the YAML but it can be worked around if you need to. I've used GitLab CI
on several production projects, some of them belonging to an employer. I
also use it for my personal projects.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris Allen