[Haskell-cafe] augmenting GHC package database

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Aug 27 23:14:32 UTC 2020

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020, Sylvester Hazel via Haskell-Cafe wrote:

> The command 'stack ghci' configured older GHCi version 8.6.3 with all the needed packages.
> It is possible to reason about this library now.
> However, how to extend/modify this library and incorporate in my target (non-trivial) project is still beyond me.
> There must be some way of reverse engineering this binary library to .hs scripts, so I could add this modified to
> my project?

There might be a set of versions of all libraries to build your project,
but one library may have too restrictive version bounds.

Cabal is more flexible than Stack in choosing sets of versions. You may
use cabal's option --allow-newer=pkg1,pkg2,pkg3 and check whether Cabal
can build your project anyway.